[Sca-cooks] cast iron pans

Aruvqan aruvqan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 07:11:48 PDT 2019

On 4/10/2019 10:09 AM, The Eloquent Page wrote:
> I have a question about cast iron pans.  I have my grandmother's pans,
> which had quite a thick black layer on them.  Sadly, I put them them
> in the broiler drawer when I needed space one day and forgot to take
> them out when I turned the oven on.  The seasoning nearly all cracked
> and fell away.
>
> I assume I can just scrape off the remaining bits and season from
> scratch?

yes, but it will take decades of assiduous use and seasoning to get it
almost close to that level of seasoning ..

I had my grandmothers wok, that had been in regular use for some 50 odd
years that a roomie scoured with steel wool to clean and polish it up
*sob* 35 years and it still had't recovered before a house fire finished
it off.

---