[Sca-cooks] white sausages

Robin Carroll-Mann rcarrollmann at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 16:17:04 PST 2019

Interesting. There's a similar recipe in the 16th century Spanish household
manual, "Manual de Mugeres". The recipe title is "morcillas", which
normally refers to a blood sausage/pudding. Here's the translation by
Kristin Larsdatter:

> Recipe to make fine blood pudding
> Grated bread, sliced almonds, pine nuts, cloves and ground cinnamon,
> cooked egg yolks, fresh lard, salt which is necessary, sugar dissolved in
> perfumed water. Knead all these things (together). And when the mixture is
> made, fill the guts - which are the thin ones of a cow - with this mixture.
> And cut up the guts, prick them with a pin; and put a pot of water on the
> fire, when it boils put the guts in it, and leave them until the sound of
> the cooking has stopped.

http://www.larsdatter.com/manual.htm#morcillas

Brighid ni Chiarain