[Sca-cooks] Beef With Garlic Harvester Sauce

Glenn Gorsuch ggorsuch at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 16:05:37 PST 2019

 Ah, the recipe that started the ball rolling!  Because we were all really
wondering what Grim Reaper Cow Beef Juice meant...that being Google’s
translation of the title.

I’ve made it several times, since the garlic harvest sauce shows up with a
lot of proteins, and it seemed to be a good idea to get it down.  It IS
tricky to do well, even tempering carefully, especially if you’re trying to
make a lot of it or hold it for serving.  As it happens, it’s one of those
things easier to cook in a ceramic pipkin than in modern metal cookware,
since that moderates the heat more.

I’ve decided (though I haven’t tested the theory yet), that if I were
cooking this for a feast situation again, I’d use a sous vide unit to hold
the liquids at 120F, one bag for each mess, then as the beef was sliced and
ready to go out, I’d be able to pop it out and go.

Gwyn