[Sca-cooks] halloo the list??

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Jan 10 08:19:23 PST 2019

We could ensure that webpages and email mailings for groups and events be created and maintained.

Many groups on the local level are Facebook only these days. They no longer maintain a web presence at all.

In fact according to http://socsen.sca.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Social-Media-Policy-2018-06-04.pdf
Each group is required to maintain an Official Facebook Page. Each group is encouraged to have an Official Facebook group.

I was informed by a peer a year ago that SCA research in her kingdom is done via Facebook now and not a search on Google. If it’s not on Facebook, it doesn’t exist.

Johnnae