[Sca-cooks] Vinegar Making?! Was Re: halloo the list??

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 14:19:27 PST 2019

But does he have to trim off/thin any of his wine grapes while they are still unripe?

It is my understanding that this was where some medieval verjuice came from.

With our recent move towards more industrial farming, and less concern about waste, as well as the drop off in fashion of verjuice, that these unripe often end up just getting discarded. Maybe you can get your brother to save you some grapes, or go ahead and squeeze them into juice if he does that himself.

But with the recent rise in the popularity of verjuice, at least in some circles, maybe he could find it a nice sideline.

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris