[Sca-cooks] The Florilegium ( was Kalács)

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 14:41:44 PST 2019

After I sent my email, I realized, also, that the subject line was readable, just not in the content of the message.

I will probably use "kalacs" in the Florilegium, just to avoid this problem.

The text version of any of the Florilegium files processed in the last ten years specifically uses unicode. But I'm not so consistent in the actual files on the site. I had hoped to solve this font/coding problem when I moved it over to WordPress. But getting the WordPress site that looks similar to my current site, with multiple, vertical menus and being able to show and download files is proving time consuming. (and I always tend to put my time into adding new stuff, rather than cleaning up the website itself)

But I need to get the Florilegium off of my friend's server for multiple reasons (speed, his lack of time to manage it, etc). But the upper level files of the Florilegium are handled by Zope (another reason to move it) and when I tried a year or two ago to setup on a free hosting service, I couldn't get a standard, flat website to work. Probably my ignorance.

If I can figure out how to do it, I want to move the site to the location the WordPress stuff is at, since I'm paid up there for several years. But I'm not sure how to have both a WordPress side, still in development, and the mature, flat site at the same url or a variation for each.

While moving the site, I will try to fix the css files to handle unicode.

Any html/web authors out there want to help me?

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris