[Sca-cooks] Seeking teachers for Know World Cooks & Bards ... and registration info

Sue Gilbert viscountessshava at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 15 10:41:40 PDT 2019

 Greetings,
We are now about 80 days away from Known World Cooks and Bards (http://tilted-windmill.com/kwcb2019/). While we have some good classes being offered, overall the list is looking a little short. We'd definitely like to see some more.
If you would like to teach a class at Known World Cooks and Bards, there are two ways to get on the schedule:
1) Create/Login to an account on the Cooks & Bards site, hit the 'Offered Classes' link, and 'Add New Class'.2) Contact one of the class coordinators directly: cerian at minstrel.com for Bardic helewyse at yahoo.com for Cooking verena at broomstich.com for Brewing & Vintning
Either of thwse will get your class onto the schedule. If you've got friends who are into Cooking, Brewing & Vinting, or Music; we want to hear from there too. We've also got some miscellaneous activities going on that will be centered around the on-site forge and pit kiln.
Cooks & Bards will be happening in Wood River, IL over Labor Day weekend (Aug 30 - Sep 2). We hope to see many of you there. Register Now!!!Registration available by PayPal or by mail. PayPal link and registration form for mail-in available on the website. http://tilted-windmill.com/kwcb2019/All fee information (site, bunks, meals) available on the website. http://tilted-windmill.com/kwcb2019/Make checks payable to SCA - Barony of Shattered CrystalSend reservations to:Kenda Mc CormackAttn: KWCB4711 Culp LnBethalto, IL, 62010kenda.mccormack at gmail.comLodging Options: We anticipate that most attendees will choose to camp. There is plenty of space available. There are no fees for camping. Bunk Space: We have a total of 32 bunks available (16 top and 16 bottom) at $5 each for the weekend. Pre-reg for bunks with paid registration fees. Hotel options listed on the website. http://tilted-windmill.com/kwcb2019/Accessibility: This is a primitve site. The indoor bathrooms are handicap accessible. Beyond that, we're working under 1800s like conditions. Electrical Availability: Electricity is in very short supply. The entire site runs on two breakers. There are plans to augment that slightly with a small solar farm. This should help out with recharging small electronics - cell phones, camera batteries, and the like. We do not expect to be able to charge Larger devices; such as CPAPs, marine batteries, or laptops; on site.