[Sca-cooks] Cialdoni and Nevole - A Recipe Search

Rebecca Friedman rebeccaanne3 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 22:25:14 PST 2020

No - you gave my father a CD at Pennsic years ago, but after we got back I
was never able to find it. I do apologize for that. I would love to see a
copy. Do you have the original Italian included, or should I be finding
that myself?

Martino's Marzapane is in his torta section, and is in fact a marzipan pie,
with wafer-cakes (cialdone or nevole) forming the crust - he just starts
with the marzipan-making part. I would be very interested to see whether
the torta zaldoni was similar. Is there any evidence that Messibugio had
read Martino? I ask because I've seen some (weak) evidence to that effect
with the later Islamic manuscripts and al-warraq.