[Sca-cooks] Cialdoni and Nevole - A Recipe Search

Rebecca Friedman rebeccaanne3 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 22:30:25 PST 2020

Also Julia, thank you very much - I didn't know about the Hungarian/Italian
connection. If you were dipping in the butter first I would assume you were
greasing a wafer-iron, but if you're dipping in butter second... how do you
read that? Could the iron just be putting the (partially-cooked? It doesn't
say whether you're heating the iron) batter into the hot butter?

Also, any idea what implement they would use for "whisk it"? I think of
whisks as modern, but I'm not very well up on historical cookware, aside
from soapstone pots, wafer irons, and other things that show up over fires
at Pennsic.