[Sca-cooks] Marzipan ingredients

Alexander Clark alexbclark8 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 14:59:28 PST 2021

Almonds are about 1/2 fat by weight, almond flour about the same.  The USDA
shows very slightly more fat (by mass) for almond flour, maybe because of
evaporation of water because of the flour's exposure to air after grinding,
or maybe the samples were from different varieties.

--
Alex Clark/Henry of Maldon

Johnna Holloway <johnnae at mac.com> wrote:
Countess Alys attempted to post but the post never appeared.

She wrote to me?

Well, it's not worth reposting. The main thing I commented on was that
alkanet is oil-soluble and it might be difficult to incorporate unless the
marzipan has a bit of oil. I doubt that there's much oil in a marzipan made
of almond flour. Would you agree?

Alys

So it may not work because of the oils.

Johnnae