SC - Scribal Gathering II

Franchesca Havas ches at io.com
Thu Jan 28 08:19:50 PST 1999

From: Tammy Williams (Tamlyn of Wyntersea) <tamlyn at gte.net>
Date: Thursday, January 28, 1999 12:02 AM
Subject: [scribes]: Scribal Gathering II

Apologies for the cross posting (if you have an e-mail list for your branch
please post this there - thanks! ~ for those on the Known World Scribal
list, Wyewood is located in the Barony of Madrone in the Kingdom of An Tir)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SCRIBAL GATHERING II
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once again the Canton of Wyewood sends greetings to all those interested in
the Scribal Arts and an invitation to meet with other scribes April 17.

This year two "tracks" will be offered - one covering basic scroll layout
from start to finish, the other a variety of demos/classes on scribal
subjects.  Site fee is $6 and will cover handouts (please pre-register/send
a note of intention to attend so we have enough copies this time).
Materials for the vellum & gold laying classes are separate from the site
fee (more details will follow later - space will be limited for these).

The Library will return this year and along with your own books you are
encouraged to bring samples/copies/photos of your work.  We have at least
one Calligraphy & Illumination Laurel who is willing to talk to people about
what they are working on (so bring something!).

New! ILLUMINATED LETTER contest.  Two categories - "pre-event" and
"on-site". Pre-event entries are encouraged to have a photocopy of the
manuscript page/style they are emulating, a black and white copy of the
linework prior to painting and to use the word "CRIER". On-site entries can
be taken
from the exemplar/scroll you are working on. Both categories can be
entered.

The Canton will hold a Potluck Social that evening open to all.   If you
show up after 5pm no site fee is required (though a potluck contribution
is). The potluck will begin after 6pm, with contributions determined by
mundane last name:  A-F desserts; G-L appetizers; M-S side
or main dishes; T-Z fruit, veggies or bread.  This is a dry site.
Out-of-towners please contact Draga of Drevo at 253-852-6555 or
<draga at jps.net> she is co-ordinating food preparation for those coming from
a distance.  There will be a lunch break in the afternoon, you can bring
your own or go to one of several eating establishments near the site.
Site is in North Bend, WA 30 miles East of Seattle out I-90 (directions
will be posted later).

On Sunday there will be a room available to continue working on scrolls if
there is interest (please let us know if you would like to do so ahead of
time so we can make sure we have enough space).

Scribal Directory listings- please send: SCA/modern names, contact
information including local branch and a sentence or two about your scribal
interests/preferences.  If you are aware of any Scriptoreums or just
people:who meet on a regular basis to work on scrolls in your area we are
looking for this information as well.  Please send this ahead of time
regardless of:whether you are able to attend the Gathering.

For further information please contact the autocrat HL Tamlyn of Wyntersea
(mka Tammy L. Williams)  phone number: 425-271-1647, e-mail:
tamlyn at gte.net, mailing address: PO BOX 59421, Renton, WA 98058-2421.