SC - book page problem

fionghal@chaosbutterfly.com fionghal at chaosbutterfly.com
Sun Apr 25 08:19:14 PDT 1999

** Reply to note from "Franchesca Havas" <ches at io.com> Fri, 23 Apr 1999 16:21:14 -0500

> I have a project. It is inscribing a paragraph and a name inside the first
> page of the confirmation bibles of my church. Upon doing the first one I
> found that the paper is not a friendly one and is causing the ink to
> feather. I changed nibs half way through to see if it was my nib, no change.
> What I would like to do is to use some paper that I have that is good,
> clean, and not exposed to moisture yet. I want to do the inscriptions on
> that and insert the page into the bibles. How would I insert one page into a
> book? It will either be the first page or the second page but I would like
> to know if anyone has done this with any success and what materials I would
> have to use.
>
> Sincerely,
> F. Havas
> Dallas, Texas

I would say, got to an art supply store and get some high quallity drafing vellum.  It's
somewhat translucent, holds the ink VERY well without any feathering at all.  And brings the
colors out brilliantly.  It's relitively expencive, about $3 a sheet.  But the sheets are
about 20" wide if not more and can be cut usually by the attendenant at the shop in the paper
department.  Or they will provide a large paper cutter for your use.

Always in Service,
Fionnghal Nic Phaidin,
Dancer of the Way,
(One of those Wardancers)

Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which
properly concern them. -Paul Valery

Check out the the Wetlands RP and FreeWetlands lists at:
http://www.chaosbutterfly.com/penelope/freelist.htm/
(Please direct all flames to http://www.chaosbutterfly.com/penelope/hatemail.html)