SC - Calligraphy practice

Chiara chiara at io.com
Mon Apr 2 21:01:27 PDT 2001

Nice Graphical representation of the hands they will be teaching! I am going
to ask permission to grab the graphics for our site since this teaching
announcement site will go away in June.

I love having a personal library of hands to make alphabets of to carry
around with me to events in my traveling scribes diary. It has come in handy
at least four times when someone has asked for a last minute scroll onsite.
This kinda thing on the web is a rare treat.

There is another site, Austerchild has been working of for over a year, that
is similar in art. She scanned manuscript snippets of different hands
through the ages and lands. She arranged them on her site with a short
description of the hand, where it is from, where she found it, and the most
popular documented name for it. It is linked off the scriptoris website
under the links section. It is graphic intense so go look at it when you
know you have the time to sit still for about 3 to 5 minutes while it loads.
http://www.crosswinds.net/~austrechild/contents.html the page will have
advertisements popup. I think that all her pages are set up that way so you
will have to close the advertisements. But the images are well worth the
wait and annoyance.

Sincerely,
Franchesca Havas
McKinney, Texas