Subject: [Scriptoris] introductions, please

Brent Ryder bryder at compucom.com
Thu May 3 05:56:48 PDT 2001

>Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 14:25:37 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Kimberly Koch <sarapenrose at yahoo.com>
>To: scriptoris at ansteorra.org
>Subject: [Scriptoris] introductions, please

>Hi all,

>I am curious to know who all is on this list, as I am certain it has grown >considerably since its inception. I would love it if we could all take a minute >or two to introduce ourselves.

Howdy all

Another lurker for the most part here. My name is HL Borek Vitalievich Volkov, CSM, Star Principal Herald, Apprentice to Sheik Da'ud ibn Auda, OP, OL, Lion. I am currently a member of HRH Larissa's Entourage

In the past I have painted a number of charters and am in hopes of getting back to it. (I still need lots of work with white lines.) I have also completely reproduced a couple of copies of the stock Achievement scroll which uses a bastard form of Carolingian I think. If time allows and permission is given, I may start up a charter painting session on Wednesday nights at TRH's.

I have a number of C&I projects that I want to do and my main focus of late has been 'The Book of Deer'. http://www.bookofdeer.co.uk/homepage.html

In addition to C&I, I have done painted heraldic banners, built chairs with heraldic devices painted on the fabric seat, chainmail headdresses, cordial making, embroidery, blackwork (including Holbein), painted display shields and honor shields, and I have done quite a bit of baking.

My awards are:
Acorn of the Steppes - Non-Armigerous local service award
AoA
Oak of the Steppes - Baronial Service Award
Sable Thistle - Embroidery
Sable Thistle - Heraldic Art
Star of Merit

My only current household affiliation is as a bronze in Rising Thunder

If anyone has any questions about heraldry for their C&I projects, please contact me or the new heraldic deputy position I created, Sigillarius Herald, who is in charge of promoting the Heraldic Arts, Mistress Muriel FitzLloyd.

Borek, Star