[Scriptoris] introductions, please

Crystal aslyn2 at mindspring.com
Wed May 2 15:33:57 PDT 2001

Hi kids!  I'm Aslyn Crystyn, and I'm a long-time lurker on this list.  I'm a
Mistress of the Laurel.  What's a Laurel?  Well, that means that once they
hung the cookie on me, I'm supposed to suddenly know everything.

Yeah, right.  ;-)

Somewhat seriously though, I've been a calligrapher and illuminer for
oh....three years or so.  I started out being a terrible (but willing)
Charter painter, and decided to try my hand at designing Charters (much to
Master Tadhg, et al's chagrin).  From there I traipsed through Carolingian,
Islamic and later period originals, and eventually (much to Master Tadhg, et
al's delight) into doing period legal documents.

Indeed, the last piece that I worked was (as close as I could get to) a
period wedding contract last Summer.  However, since then, I've taken on a
long term, mundane project that will keep me occupied for a few months this
Fall.  However, I'm hoping this Summer to begin laying the groundwork for
developing the office of Deputy Star Signet in Charge of Original Scroll
Production (and backlog management).  I can't travel until the Spring, but
I'm hopeful to begin the groundwork this Summer.

In my scribal dreams, I'm mulling over yet another attempt at *Mira
Calligraphia Monumenta*....my baby and greatest artistic heartbreak.  I'm
still drawn to the impossible.

As a side bar:  I'd love for you guys to scan in your work in progress.  At
least a piece of it.

That's the Reader's Digest version.  Back to you in the studio, Hal.

~Aslyn
Psycho Scribe of the Central Region
<------waves to our resident Polymath and Curmudgeon