[Scriptoris] introductions, please

susant@unt.edu susant at unt.edu
Fri May 4 07:28:20 PDT 2001

My name is Lady Lavina del Bakhous.  I am currently the
Minister of Arts and Sciences in the Canton of Glaslyn,
Barony of the Steppes.  I have been in the SCA for 4 1/2
years and am an apprentice to Mistress Stella Silvana.

I have been painting charters for about 2 years now.  I
have done several original scrolls, designed and painted
invitations, and have just recently designed a new
Portcullis for the Barony of Elfsea (a Portcullis is a
baronial service award).  My favorite types of designs
are Italian styles.

Also, in order to introduce people to SI, I have taught
a couple of "Charter Painting 101" classes.

I also do embroidery, blackwork, paint banners, and have
dabbled a little with leatherworking and period cooking.
Since joining the SCA I have learned to sew and have
begun learning costuming and am always striving to
improve my sewing skills.  This Summer I plan on
learning calligraphy.

I enjoy meeting scribes at all of the events I attend.

Lavina

Hi all,

I am curious to know who all is on this list, as I am
certain it has grown considerably since its inception.
I would love it if we could all take a minute or two  to
introduce ourselves.

Everyone, please write a little something, whether you
are a laurel with years of experience or a brand-new
scribe - I really want to know all about you, and I'm
sure we'll all enjoy getting to know each other a little
better.