[Scriptoris] Gold leaf questions

Star Signet Herald star_signet at ansteorra.org
Tue Dec 3 08:42:57 PST 2002

Greetings all!

I hope everyone is doing well.  It's been a hectic few months for me for sure!

I don't know much about gold leaf.  I have never even experimented with it.
But that is changing.

I was wondering if anyone out there has worked with it.

And if so, what gold leaf product is best to work with on large areas as well
as small?  What product is best if there is a great deal of gilding on a
project?  Do you prefer to use the composites or the 23K or 24K?  And why?
What techniques and materials are best to use?  What can you get by with if you
don't have them or the money to purchase them?  Basically, I am wanting an
overall opinion of the materials and tools.

My next question will be .... Ok, now that I have all this stuff, what do I do
with it?  But I will save that one for later.  :-)

Please post your responses to the list, in case any one else out there had
these same questions.

Thanks!!!

Hugs!
Annais