[Scriptoris] FW: [GA_Scribes] KWHSS 2004

lisabetta lisabetta at houston.rr.com
Tue Jul 1 19:05:03 PDT 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: alisone17404 [mailto:goofy1 at suscom.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 8:37 PM
To: GA_Scribes at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [GA_Scribes] KWHSS 2004

My apologies to those who receive this more than once..

Good people, forgive the presumption of this announcement. But
gather ye near and attend my words. The Shire of Owl's Reste (York
County, PA) will be the site of and the host for the Known World
Heraldic and Scribal Symposium 2004 with the gracious and generous
help of our friends. It will be held June 25-27, 2004 at the Holiday
Inn Conference Center outside of New Cumberland, PA, just at the
intersection of the PA Turnpike and Interstate Route 83.

Details are being finalized but we know that Dr. Gerard Brault, Penn
State Prof. of Medieval Studies and author of several books on
Medieval Heraldry will be a teacher. His books include; Early
Blazon, Eight Thirteenth Century Rolls of Arms, Aspologia Three,
Song of Roland: An Analytical Edition - Introduction & Commentary
and The Rolls of Arms of Edward I. We also anticipate a speaker from
the Walters Museum in Baltimore from their manuscript collection.
The event Web site is under construction and I will post that addy
as soon as it is up.

Of course, most classes will draw from the expertise and experience
of Society membership from across the known world. Former Laurel
Queen of Arms Mistress Jaelle of Armida of Drakenwald; Master
Pietari, currently Koira herald, former Pelican King of Arms;
Mistress Michel, Tyger Clerk of the Signet, East Kingdom; Mistress
Alicia Langland, O.L., O.P., Aethelmearc; Master Brendan Brisbane,
O.L.; and Mistress Cori Ghora, O.L., O.P. have all agreed to teach.

Realizing that many heralds and scribes are married to or are in
other ways attached to people who have utterly no interest in these
topics, this location offers a myriad of non-SCA activities and
attractions.

Hershey, with its amusement park, sports arena, chocolate factory
and a venue that attracts such entertainment as Cher, the Harlem
Globetrotters and Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey Circus, is less
than a half hour's drive. Harrisburg (15 minutes) is home to a AA
Minor League Baseball team, the National Civil War Museum, the
Whitaker Center and its IMAX screen and one of the most beautiful
state capitol buildings on the country.

So, fair traveler, prithee mark the dates and plan to attend. Plan
to teach. Plan to write for the published Proceedings. This is a
phenomenal opportunity to learn and grow and meet those good folk
who share your interests.

Any questions can be directed to the Autocrat, Lady Gisela vom
Kreuzbach (mka Kate Rauhauser-Smith) at Scribe0002 at aol.com. Thank
you for your time and consideration.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor