[Scriptoris] Watch me!

Elaine Crittenden letebts at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 17 12:36:12 PDT 2003

I have an offer of a solution for last minute requests for C&I jobs: My
husband (now ex) used to bug me about how long it took me to do my hair and
makeup while shut up in the bathroom. One time, I had him watch me from
start to finish. He was astonished I "accomplished so much in such a short
time." He said he'd had no idea how it all was done. (As for me, old barns
look better painted!)

Perhaps we need to have educational courses not so much for future scribes
and illuminators, but for those who think we just sit down and do things
"first off."

I sometimes have to gently educate clients in the mundane world. They are
much more understanding afterwards and I can do a better job for them.

What's in your heart gets into your head; your head controls the muscles
that put your work on paper. The outcome of that is the quality of work you
turn out, due to how you feel.

A mundane might look at it as "I don't want to piss off my portrait painter!
I want to look good!"  ;-)

Lete