[Scriptoris] Teachers Wanted - King's College

Suzanne Booth suzannebooth at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 11:49:18 PST 2003

Greetings!

I am co-event steward for the upcoming King's College on June 14th (to be held
in the San Antonio area).  I'm also in charge of finding classes for the
Scribal track. I'm looking for teachers for any or all of these classes.  Any
help you could give me in finding teachers would be very much appreciated!

Calligraphy:
   How to rule a page & write within the lines/How was it done in Period?
   Cyrillic Calligraphy
   Arabic Calligraphy
   Calligraphic Flourishes, Rubrication, and Line Fillers

Illumination:
   How to Draw the Human Figure
   Illumination Sources
   How to Paint Flowers
   Drapery
   Shading
   Gold Leaf Techniques

Both:
   Getting Started as an SCA Scribe
   What's Appropriate: Matching Illumination with Calligraphy

Thank you very much for your help.

-- Suzanne

HL Suzanne de la Ferté
Co-Event Steward, King's College 2003
Barony of Bjornsborg, Kingdom of Ansteorra