[Scriptoris] commissions??

Ansteorra Star Signet star_signet at ansteorra.org
Mon Sep 8 19:47:15 PDT 2003

Ah commissions of original scrolls for Peers Nobles and others... Sigh now
there is a quandary of discussion.

Personally I have no problem with a peer or noble finding a particular
artist or group of artist to do a scroll for them. I would find such a
restriction of making commissions only through the kingdom office cumbersome
at best and almost completely unenforceable. I arranged my Laurel Scroll
with the Abby without ever consulting with Mistress Sara who was Star Signet
at that time.

However not every one who wants original scrolls knows who does them.
Likewise many Artist who want to do these projects don't know which peers
and nobles want or need these done. I have no wish to be a clearing house of
assignments for this type of work but I do need to know who is willing to do
it, and is not overbooked, so if peers and nobles contact me I _can_ tell
them who can do the job for them.

The question becomes How?

I can keep a list of who wants to do scrolls and what styles they do however
this has a few holes in it.

Example: Where I _can_ do Calig and Painting My preferred art is drawing so
I would need a Calligrapher and a Scrivener to work with me.

Fly in the pigment:  Artists are fussy critters. I don't wish to arbitrarily
assign 2 or 3 to work together only to find out they cant stand working
together.

For a start I will do this. If any one has the interest and the time to do
originals Please send me your name and contact info as well as what styles
you are proficient in working with. I also recommend sending in an image of
your work for the Originals Gallery on the Scribes Web page so People may
see samples of your work. I will then refer any nobles/peers/etc who come to
me to artists who work in the styles they desire and let them contact the
artist they choose to negotiate whatever terms needed to make every one
happy (I will _not_ negotiate terms of commissions). This will need allot of
refining and will be very chunky to start out (looks like another topic of
discussion for the meeting at crown tourney.)

In Service
Darius of the Bells
Star Signet
(and yes Rosalia I was there we did get maried nearly 6 years back)