[Scriptoris] Scrolls and Charters--why?

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 15:29:45 PDT 2003

> Siobhan said:>
> > If all the Scribes and Artists of Ansteorra were not bogged down with the
> > need to produce Award Scrolls and to clear the giant Backlog, think of the
> > wonderful things that could be produced---Books of Hours, Herbals,
> > Beastiaries, and fabulous originals of all sorts for the folks who really
> > wanted them--and were willing to pay for them!  Hmm..the imagination
> > staggers at the possibilities.

Let us count our blessings we have 'charters' for award scrolls, and no longer do handmade scrolls
for each and every award given out, like some kingdoms still do.  Our fore-scribes did handmade
scrolls for all awards in early Ansteorran years; but as this kingdom grew and the number of
awards grew, they took a look and said 'Hey, I have a life!', and adopted the 'charter' format
with pre-print scrolls instead.  Thank you.
Some of our sister kingdom's are jealous of our current process, but change is hard to do.
Hillary