[Scriptoris] Originals

Crystal Lamb crystal.lamb at sabinevalley.org
Tue Jan 28 10:58:01 PST 2003

Ya should've seen the look of...well...the look of confusion when me,
pasty white Anglo chick, starts talking shop (well, C&I shop).  The
*piece de resistance* comes when he's dropping book titles ("...there
was this exhibit of Islamic calligraphy some years ago.  They turned it
into a book called, I believe, "Letters in Gold...."

...to which I interject...."yep....read it....although what I couldn't
tell from the plates was was the gold flecked on the manuscript page, or
was the flecked paper matted *on* the pages...and.was it gum arabic, or
what?  And.if you look on the back spine or page you'll see a mark that
the book's information has been cleared for Western (etc.) audiences.
What I want is information that *hasn't* been cleared."  <coy grin
inserted *here*>

He wasn't amused.  He looked kinda glazed over, but hey.I'm used to
that.

(ooo000 Geez..with all this talk of Islamic scrolls..it kinda makes me
hungry for.[ooo000 stop that.snap out of it..life, responsibility,
reality])

Okay, folks, when I get the goods, I'll share with the class.  ;-)

~A