[Scriptoris] Book Recommendations?

Kayci McKinley kmckinley at petra.com
Mon Feb 10 14:14:05 PST 2003

Hi all!

I am looking at expanding my illumination library and would like some
suggestions on books.
I have some Christmas money left over and am greedily trying to find info on
some good candidates.  I do all periods and styles, but the problem I am
running into is that I can find a book on the web that I think sounds
interesting, but have no idea if it would be a good resource or not because
I can't flip through it.  I tend to like lots of pretty pictures....

Some that I am thinking about are:
The Uta Codex
The Benedictional of Aethelwold
The Winchester Bible
Stammhiem Missal
Leaves of Gold
(I could go on and on)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
Nicolaea MacFionndlaigh