[Scriptoris] Book Recommendations?

Kayci McKinley kmckinley at petra.com
Tue Feb 11 06:21:45 PST 2003

Well...  I have all three types of books.   I am not really looking for
instructional books per se.  I am looking for sources to use as examples to
base scrolls from,  so I tend to like color pics.  If it was a good source,
( like Kells, or Viscontii)  I wouldn't mind a single source book.  But
compilations give you a broad look at how different regions and countries
and scribes handled illumination.  Both types have their advantages.  I have
an excellent copy of the Viscontii Hours that I use a lot,  but I also have
Codices Illustres which is a compilation that is gorgeous.

I am going to go to the OU Fine Arts library this week and try to find some
I can actually look  through, but alot of the ones I had found on the
internet that looked interesting are not there.

I think a show and tell of favorite books is a terrific idea! It would help
both beginners and people who have been doing it a while.

Thanks for the input,
Nic~