[Scriptoris] Getting Started

ches ches at io.com
Mon Mar 17 12:26:48 PST 2003

The Coastal Regional Scribe has a very cool website, (your group would be in
the Coastal region), start there for stuff that is local to you in the way
of shopping. There is a ton of online links and shopping that can be found
off the Kingdom Scribal webpage as well.

Here are the urls
http://scriptoris.ansteorra.org
http://coastal.ansteorra.org

Paper - I like it simple, acid free Bristol
Ink - recently Shaffer has started to sell these 2 oz wells of ink that work
very good for the traveling scribe which is what I tend to be. :) They sell
them in twin packs and I get them at Office Depot, they also sell them at
most craft stores.
Nibs, I use a dip pen. But for those moments that you are out at a site and
no one has a way of filling in a scroll other than with a ball point I carry
your standard generic cartridge pens. I also carry a crow quill'isk nib that
is very old, it belonged to my great-great-great grandfather from Sicily who
was also a calligrapher. :)
There is a nib that I really want to own some day, the one with a reservoir
already in it, seen it a couple of times in use and thought it was the bomb.
Paints - well gouaches of course! :) And if you can look for shmekie (sp?)

Ches