[Scriptoris] A&S competition scribal question

Crystal Lamb crystal.lamb at sabinevalley.org
Fri May 9 09:24:24 PDT 2003

I strongly agree with Mistress Hillary!

Most recipients of original works are willing to loan works back for
competitions (especially when the requests are done in advance, somewhat
sparingly, and the works are returned in a reasonable amount of time).

I would also advocate going ahead and making a couple of color copies
for your portfolio just as a reference point.  I've found that to be
good for a multitude of uses:  in classes, for ready reference to other
scribes without pulling the source material, and for showing a visual
body of work to other artisans and Laurels when the physical body of
work is not on hand.  Granted, the original is best (and recommended),
but a good quality color copy is an excellent addition to a
documentation portfolio.

I would also strongly advise spending the extra money to frame it.  Not
so much having it professionally framed, but purchasing a frame for it
to travel in, and to protect it from handling (i.e. oils and
particulates).  It also makes for a nice presentation factor at Court!

I remember one piece in particular that I dearly miss to this day...and
that I all have in the world of it is a jpeg scan, and a color copy.  I
look often at that color copy! And, I am glad to say, its owners
cheerfully return it to me on special occasions.  (I don't cry too much
over it.)

~Mistress Aslyn