[Scriptoris] RE: [Scribes] Overworked? (Saying "NO")

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 09:50:32 PDT 2003

I really liked what this lady said on the SCA Scribes list (see below) and
thought it bore repeating.   Please, please do not let your hobby in the SCA
take over your life and make you unhappy if you find yourself overcommitted
and overworked doing scribal requests.   Learn to say 'no' if you honestly
are not able to do something, or it would infringe upon the rest of your
life or work time.

Luckily in Ansteorra, we don't do handmade scrolls for every award, so that
gives us a bit more time to work on these prize scrolls and special
competition pieces, to enjoy our fun.
Hillary