[Scriptoris] Re: Backlog

tgnst tgnst at swbell.net
Thu Sep 11 16:07:14 PDT 2003

Every Award scroll I've ever done, except Drusillas County, has been
arranged by private commision, People I knew and who Knew my work and wanted
it...
I've had a backlog since day one, as does every C&I person I Know worth
thier salt...I've seen more than one emerging scribe cornered on first or
second delivery, not unlike people who craft metal head regalia...
The best way to get a Royal or Peerage scroll is to commision it be done at
the time the Crown will give it...
The Signet can and has assingned County scrolls, The Heirs have ofted
commisioned a scribe on behalf of thier 'parents', and often the newly
coroneted have jumped a scribe right off the bat (thats how Daffyd got on my
backlog, and when his heraldry is all straight I'll get right on it)
I agree with Sara, we have a much larger market than we have hands to
complete the task...
Maybe should check on whatts already gone up on walls, as well as
outstanding commisions...
Ms EowynAmberdrake told me years ago that she would not atempt more than
four major pieces in a years time, and rcommended to others to follow this
as a baseline, after doing two Storms and two peerage scrolls in two weeks,
I stay closed to her guideline...Proceed as you will
She also told me one of the cruelest things scribe could do was to give
someone a large award scroll regardless of the cost of framing and matting
For the piece, I always discuss this befor starting...Maybe if a taste
developed for smaller origional works, perhaps that might help some of the
pressure to produce, less exspanse of white paper to face
filling.....ymmv...'Stacia