[Scriptoris] Ending the "Death Grip"

HLOriana@aol.com HLOriana at aol.com
Thu Sep 11 18:33:48 PDT 2003

In a message dated 9/11/03 4:46:21 PM Central Daylight Time,
serena1570 at yahoo.com writes:

> I'm going to have to go
> through a lot of frustrating re-training, to make myself not hold the
> pen/brush
> with a death grip, but I'm now resolved to do it.

What worked for me was gluing strips of very course sandpaper around the
handles of all my brushes.  I had to hold them delicately.

The other thing that helped was using a timer to keep from doing "just one
more line, or word, or even letter."  Set the thing for three minutes, or what
ever your physical therapist recommends and when it goes off STOP!  Do your
relaxation and stretching exercises and take a short break before picking up the
pen again?

Oriana