[Scriptoris] RE: award scrolls and introduction

Wolfger von Sibenburgen wolfgervon at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 07:37:27 PDT 2003

For learning calligraphy, I would recommend the book
Medieval Calligraphy Its History and Technique by Mark
Drogin ISBN: 0-486-26142-5 (retails for $12.95)

Then pick out a style you like and practice it. A lot.
:-)

It might help to go to Hobby Lobby and pick up a
cartrige calligraphy pen. Also pick up some nice
paper. Strathmore or Brostol are both good.

Now practice some more. Write out songs that you know.
Write the Preamble to the Constitution. Copy the text
of award scrolls.

As for creating prize scrolls, are you going to be at
Guardian this weekend? I can show you the ones I did
(and am still painting) for the event. It is really a
matter of getting the text from whoever is writing it,
then coming up with a design that you like that fits
the calligraphy hand you want to use and put it all
together.

I will be found this weekend either in the feast hall
painting, or the kitchen cooking.

In Service,
Wolfger