[Scriptoris] Designing Originals

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 08:50:40 PDT 2003

While I know this doesn't answer your question immediately, there is an article in the scribal
handbook about that subject, and it will be in Signet's hands this coming weekend.  He will have
to do a bit of follow-up work, but let's all hope its online, sometime in October.

For me, designing original scrolls,
* Consider the scroll purpose (prize, or award)
* I rarely consult with the recipient, as generally I'm doing the scroll before the presentation,
but will try to consider their area of interest or personna.
* Look through my books for inspiration and templates to use
* Design layout or artwork and script lines, making art substitutions as needed for subject
matter; using pencil
* Do the callig. first, it's my area of work that is less forgiving.
* ink out the illumination lines
* paint, details, then reink the illumination lines as needed.
* get signatures

Hillary