[Scriptoris] Online Winsor & Newton Gouache Source

Elaine Crittenden letebts at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 2 08:59:04 PST 2004

My mother, an artist in her younger days, used to say,"When a tube dries
out, you can always throw it at your (sidewalk) critics!." (LOL)

I say, "When a tube (of watercolor or gouache) dries out, open the crimped
end, drop in a little distilled water, roll the tube back up, and stand it
on its cap for a while to reconstitute the rewetted area at the other end."

I have, on occasion and in a rush, just stroked a dampened brush on the
dried paint to use it. It's much like using shell gold, which is a dried
cake of powdered gold with binders mixed in.

Lete Bithespring--too "cheap" to get rid of perfectly good paint
Hint: To make it easier to find a personal reply to me, please put LETE in
the subject line of your email.