[Scriptoris] Off-Topic: Book Challenge

Crystal Lamb clamb at Advocacyinc.org
Tue Jan 20 15:32:49 PST 2004

Dearest Kingdom:

I have an urgent and serious request.

As many of you may know, every book that I loved was burned in an
accident last summer.  Thanks to many beloved friends, much of my
library is being restored.

I am in the process of negotiating a settlement with the building's
property adjuster.  Unfortunately (and this should be a lesson to you
all) I did not keep a list of my books.  As this was by far the most
valuable commodity in the building, I would like to recoup my losses in
this department.  And yes,  I lost the vast majority of my art supplies
as well (and yes, loving friends gifted me with wonderful art supplies
as well).

The adjuster is requesting a listing of all titles of books which were
lost and where I purchased them.  Just imagine losing trying to remember
the titles of a thousand books and where you purchased them over a 12
year period.  Anyway....I digresses....

My crazy scheme is this:  If you, or anyone you know, is scribally
inclined and has a library, look on your shelf.  We generally move in
the same scribal libraries and circles, and time is of the essence here.

So......what I need is a general list of titles, authors, ISBN numbers,
place obtained (i.e. ABE books, Amazon...etc.  - that's where I
generally obtained mine....), and value - see if the sticker is still on
it.  I can then go through and go.....yep...had that one.....
"snag".....

If I have something to work with, I can recoup damages.
Otherwise.....I'm SOL.  Get the picture.  I am uninsured, so this is it,
folks.

Feel free to pass this missive around the world - hey, post it to all
the scribal lists you care to post it to.

It's crazy, but it just might work.

~Aslyn

listing of the titles of the books and where you got them