[Scriptoris] Scribal Historian job duties

Sue Long Sue.Long at cs.oag.state.tx.us
Tue May 25 12:58:50 PDT 2004

Many good points Lete.
Now that I think about it, I don't know that the Historian should be
responsible for maintaining a list of "what's and what not's."  Isn't
there a Scribal Handbook yet for those kinds of things?   I must admit
an ignorance of what's online right now.  But if any written standards
exist, how they came about, and how they may have changed - that is part
of our history.  And, by all means, include a link to the location of
any current standards/articles/training for the sake of new scribes and
other researchers.

I would also love to see some bios of some of the scribes who set the
foundation for what has become such a high quality scriptorum - a page
for each with personal photos, samples of their work, and a brief
overview of their contributions to our scribal history.  Such a Rose and
Geoff Cathan who tirelessly have held workshops, trained scribes, and
set high standards for scrolls since before the office of Star Signet
was created.  And that  Hillary what's-her-name, in Stargate.  There
were numerous talented and dedicated people at the beginning, and I'm
sure there have been many more in the 10-12 years since I have been
active.  As Historian, you might set a goal of starting a project like
that for others to complete in time.

Aaaacccckkkkkk.  You are making me go through withdrawal for lack of
ink stains on my fingers and paint in my hair.  (Don't get any bright
ideas.)
"Z"