[Scriptoris] rewarding scribes

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 2 08:01:32 PST 2004

--- Lisa Baumer <elenek1 at msn.com> wrote:
> Back more than just a few years ago when I first began doing scribal stuff I
> remember the crown showing the scroll to the populace and reading the name
> of the scribe off the back as it was being given out.
>
> El

That is still done, a bit better with some Crowns than others, but still happens.
I personnally, think that is the best way to do name-recognition for the pre-printed,
hand painted charters.

As for the original hand done scrolls (prize, peerage, nobility, etc), think the scribe needs to
be up there in the court for a tiny bit of face-time, as noted by Aslyn.  Most of this can be
quickly coordinated by the Herald (if they are good at their job, they aid in making the court run
smoothly and quickly).
Hillary