[Scriptoris] Pen nibs

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 16:23:42 PST 2004

Each brand has their own size definitions, there is not a global size standard.  I have a sheet
that corrolates what size from NibX is equal to what size of NibY.  I believe it was created by
Letter Arts Review magazine or Journal for the Calligraphic Arts, but will try to see if I can
find it.

On the Speedballs, I tend to use the 2's and 3's for teaching, and then down to smaller sizes for
my own projects, though I use the 2 a lot for my projects (I believe the higher numbers are
larger, by don't have the samples here at work).

I will look for my comparison sheet tonight and post.
Hillary