[Scriptoris] Re: [Scribes] Gulf Wars

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 09:07:35 PST 2004

--- Cindy Baker <cebaker at ilstu.edu> wrote:
> It has been very quiet on the list for the last few days.
> Are all of you getting ready to attend Gulf Wars or something?
>
> I'll be there & will be teaching a class at scribes point Thursday at 2pm.
> I hope to see some of you there!
> Ellen of the Scholars

Yep, I'm packing for the war, and hope to be spending more time at Scribe's Point (SPt.) than in
the past.  I'm very much looking forward to working in the new (old) SPt. building.  Yippee!

Suggestion:  We need place cards (triangle tents) setup at the tables were folks are working so we
know who they are, and if they aren't there, we will know their work related to their names.

Here's a list of the scribal classes found online (www.gulfwars.org),
if there are others, please post them.

Tuesday:
4:00     SPt.    Beginning Charter Painting for True Beginners
                                     Lady Gwnehuyvar verch Morgant Dedwydd
Wednesday:
10:00    SPt.    Designing Irish Scrolls    HL Ciard nic Ruadhan O'Seachnasaigh
2:00     SPt.    Titivillus and You - Mistakes are Period
                                     Baroness Madeleine de Somerville
Thursday:
10:30    SPt.    Gilding Techniques         HL Jennet of Tewkesbury
2pm      A&S3    Beginning Papermaking      Hyrrokin
2pm      SPt.    Mixing Paint from Powdered Pigment     Dame Ellen of the Scholars
Friday:
10:00    SPt.    Calligraphy for Beginners  HL Elene Kirchenknopf
Saturday:
10:00    SPt.    Acanthus Leaves from the Gottingen Model Book  (*not on online schedule)
                                     Mstr. Hillary Greenslade

I'll be bringing an overhead projector, so if other teacher's want to borrow it,
they are welcome, it will be at SPt. on Wedn. morning.