[Scriptoris] KWHSS Proceedings - great scribal articles (long)

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 7 10:44:11 PDT 2004

Greetings scribes,
I pulled this off a metalworkers list, and thought those in the scribal arts would be interested.
The 'Proceedings' booklets created yearly in conjunction with the Knowne World Heraldic and
Scribes Symposium (KWHSS), includes articles written by heralds and scribes throughout the known
world.  You don't have to attend the event to submit an article for publication.
See the website at:<http://www.kwhss.sca.org/index.html?section=proceedings>

Folks ask where I get great SCA scribes articles, and many of them come from the KWHSS Proceedings
booklets.  The host group for KWHSS gains a small profit from their selling of the booklet, so I
try to purchase copies from them first to support.

Once the event is over, the master copy will be sent to the SCA Stock Clerk for future
publications and sales.  Back issues are found there also.  (Note, SCA Stock Clerk just took over
this job, and as of March '04, the Proceedings is not yet online, but should be soon.)

Check it out, Hillary / Ansteorra

Picked up from the SCAAarts/Sciences list:
if you have any interest in things Heraldic or Scribal, you probably want to consider getting this
year's Known World Heraldic/Scribal Symposium Proceedings.

Contents:
Heraldry: Names
1.An Introduction to the Documentation of Names by Cateline la souriete (Triste Elliot
2.Researching Mongol Names in the SCA -- G?l?gjab Tangghudai (Luigi Kapaj)
3.Basque Onomastics of the Eighth to Sixteenth Centuries .Karen Larsdatter (Karen Harris)
4.And the Last Shall be First: The connection between language and name order in Hungarian names .
Kolozsvari Arpadne Julia
5.Names of Aliens in London, 1571 -- Sara L. Uckelman (Aryanhwy merch Catmael)
6.A Jewish Memory Book: Nuremburg, 1349 -Eleazar ha-Levi
7.Patterns in Middle English Names with Multiple Bynames . Cateline la souriete
8.Hungarian Feminine Names . Kolozsvari Arpadne Julia
9.On Citing A Reference -- Aletheia Isidora of Philae

Heraldry: Armory
10.Canting of Arms -- Master Eldred Aelfwald
11.New World Flora and Fauna in Period or Near Period Armoury-- Mistress Jaelle of Armida, Argent
Snail (Judy Gerjoy)

Court Heraldry
12.The Coronation Ordo of Roger II of Sicily translated from the Latin by Baron Steffan ap Kennydd
13.Heralds in Renaissance Epics --Pedro de Alcazar (Craig Levin)
14.To Be a Court Herald at Coronation, or Final Destination Meridian Style -- Rory ua Riada (David
Duggar)
15.Heraldic Titles in Meridies -- Rory ua Riada (David Duggar)
16.I Wanna Be Gyrth Oldcastle -- Evan da Collaureo (David Montuori)

Scribal Arts
17.Toward a More Period Text:  Baron Adhemar de Villarquemada
18.An Easy Reference for the Use of Historical Pigments . THL Roxelana Bramante
19.Easy INK: Domina Despina de la Brazov
20.Sweden.s earliest surviving calligraphy --  Hrefna in heppna þorgrímsdóttir
21.Websites for Scribal Inspiration: Domina Despina de la Bra.ov
22.Annotated Scribal Resource Listing -- Master Eldred Aelfwald

Because of the length of the Heraldic section, we're publishing in two volumes:
Heraldic will be $15 and Scribal, $9. We may add 2 more articles.

Make Checks Payable to: SCA Inc. - Shire of Owl's Reste
and send orders to the Autocrat
Lady Gisela vom Kreuzbach
(mka Kate Rauhauser-Smith)
178 West Market Street, Hellam, PA 17406
scribe0002 at aol.com