[Scriptoris] ISO KWHS 1990 Proceedings

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 16 09:00:57 PDT 2004

--- Claryce <claryce at cox.net> wrote:
> Actually, I'm looking for the article on creating Arabic fonts that reads in English.  I've been
> refered to this particular article a couple of times, and told that it's in the 1990
> proceedings.
>
> Free Trumpet Press used to carry it, but they are no longer selling items.  The SCA Stock Clerk
> didn't have any idea what I was talking about.  I can't find any reference to it online, either.
>
> I'm looking for as many different articles/lessons as possible so that I don't duplicate effort
> if someone has already done the work.  (Yes, I'm lazy that way!)
> Feel free to forward this request to any person or list who might be able to help.
>
> Thanks!
> Mistress Claryce Rapheal Orfevre

I was told via the heralds community that when Free Trumpet Press closed up, the products it
maintained for the heraldic community were to pass over to the SCA Stock Clerk, but on looking at
the SCA market page a few weeks back, that doesn't seem to have happened.  I've got a message into
the person who was working on that transfer of merchandise, and will advise once I hear back.  I'm
also heading up to Known World Heraldic in a week, so will ask there as well.

Meanwhile, I probably have the proceedings you are looking for, but some of your heralds up in OK
probably do as well, so you may want to check with them first (logistics).  If not, let me know
and I'll look it up to copy.

Also, you may want to check out Mahee of Acre's webpage for his Islamic Illusionary page, at:
http://www.geocities.com/mahee_of_acre/      The letter forms are adapted from real arabic
scripts, but the letter combinations are used as english words, so to the Islamic reader the words
look like gibberish.  It's really english, with with letters shaped to look arabic.  He also has
one for chinese forms.   Check it out.

Good luck, Hillary