[Scriptoris] yarka black squirrel brushes

nweders@mail.utexas.edu nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Sep 15 07:06:14 PDT 2004

  I have offered to help out a friend by selling her over stock on
brushes.  These are really nice quality brushes, just not in sizes for
illumination.  However, for other art type projects they are great.
I've been using them (got a set) and I really like them.   I will be at
Bryn Gwlad Baronial if anyone wants to see them.  (I'm manning the
Volunteer booth. )  I will also be up in the Steppes area for Don Eisen's
wedding and for visiting this weekend.

These brushes are very nice.... They are Yarka which is misleading.   The
brushes are very good, the Russians are very bad at capitalism.
(grin).  THey introduces their line over here badly and way under priced so
everyone avoided them.  My friend worked for an art supply company and
still gets things sometimes from them (she also was the demo rep for
Winsor-Newton and Liquidtex). Anyway, she was able to buy a whole display
of brushes from her old company to get her set of sable (she only uses
sable for oil)  She had tons of the black squirrel that while she kept a
few asked me to see if I could sell them down here to recoup the expense of
the display. (it was cheaper if she bought the display of all rather than
the set of sable -- go fish).

At any rate, these things are sized horribly but once you get the size out
the brushes are lovely.  I used one the other day for some work and the
water they hold is lovely.  Just no calligraphy type sizes for charter
painting.

Price list

round 01   1.40
round 02   1.60
round  03  1.95
round 04    2.40
round  05   2.75
round  06  3.40
round  07  3.75
round 08   4.85
round 09   5.50
round 10   7.35
1" flat      11.00

Anyway, if you want to see them let me know and we can figure out a time
and place. (fighter pract).  I will be out of town on the 21st (next
Tuesday maybe)  but should be around...

Clare

compare prices  http://www.aardvarkart.com/