[Scriptoris] Offices and Deadlines

Etienne de St. Amaranth star at ansteorra.org
Tue Sep 28 10:11:17 PDT 2004

To the scribes of Ansteorra, greetings,

It was with some sadness that I received the note from Master Darius that
he wished to step down at January Coronation.  I have sincerely appreciated
his efforts as Star Signet during my tenure and I have seen a lot happening
in the College of Scribes on his watch.  Please join me in thanking him for
his service when your paths cross.

The office of Star Signet is open for applications.  I will accept
applications until December 15, 2004; that is applications should be
recieved by me by the 15th, not postmarked by the 15th.  Applications need
to be sent to me, the Star Principal Herald, with a copy to Master Darius.

I would also like to take this opportunity to let the scribes know of some
changes in the heralds college as well.
Lady Emma de Featherstan will be the new Asterisk Herald.  Asterisk is the
herald who take submissions of names and devices in Ansteorra and manages
the submission process for our kingdom.
HL Estrill Swet will be the new Obelisk Herald.  Obelisk is the herald who
publishes the "Ansteorran Gazette."

Additionally, three regional herald positions are open for
applications.  If some of you have considered service in the heralds'
college as well as the scribes', a regional position might be of
interest.  A regional herald does not maintain and distribute charter
masters as a regional scribe does; however, a regional herald does have to
administer a warranting exam for local heralds.  Otherwise many of the
duties are the same, including the task to hire and fire local heralds as
necessary (though local warranted scribes are a recent item).  The regional
heralds applications in the Southern and Western regions are due to me by
October 29.  The Central region application is due December 15.

If any of the above are of interest, please ask me questions and forward an
application to myself and the current officeholder.

Sincerely,
Seigneur Etienne
Star Principal Herald