[Scriptoris] peerage patents

Diane Rudin serena1570 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 04:40:38 PST 2005

For anyone who is curious, I have dated pre-printed, fill-in-the-blank legal
documents (not letters patent or charters specifically, but a form of legal
document) to late-seventeeth-century France, by virtue of having purchased such
a document on ever-dangerous ebay.  I can try to remember to bring my
collection (such as it is) of period documents (the illuminated ones and the
legal ones) to KA&S this weekend, if anyone is interested.

--Serena