[Scriptoris] possible calligraphy class

Kimberly Koch sarapenrose at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 18:18:49 PST 2005

Hi all,

Master Anton of Winteroak is currently on an extended
visit to Ansteorra from the far distant East Kingdom.
For those of you who aren't aware, Anton is the
mastermind behind the "OMG" scroll, which you probably
saw posted on assorted scribal lists shortly after its
creation:

http://www.crowcastle.net/cat/RLS/

I got to visit with Anton a little at Coronation, and
he has graciously offered to teach a calligraphy class
while he's here (check out his lovely calligraphy on
the scroll!) We've been considering that it might be
best to do it outside the structure of a formal event.
He is very flexible about date and location, so I
thought I might ask here to gauge interest.

We're currently looking at the Sunday after Kingdom
A&S. The upside is that the event is fairly centrally
located, so more folks might have an opportunity to
attend. The downside is that most folks travel home on
Sunday, so I'm not sure how many people we'd have
who'd be willing to stick around.

Anton says:
"I think the goal of the class would basically be to
get people who
already do calligraphy to learn what they can easily
do to self-improve. This is probably something that
could be taught in a
couple hours or less, including a lot of time for
individual attention and Q&A."

Personally, I think this sounds awesome, like
something that calligraphers of varying levels of
ability could benefit from. Would anyone be interested
in a class like this after A&S? I can't answer any
questions about a specific place or time, since I
won't make any arrangements until I know if I can
assure a decent attendance, but hopefully it'll start
fairly early on Sunday (9 or 10) and be reasonably
close to the site.

Please post your thoughts as soon as possible. If you
have suggestions for an alternative, I'm happy to hear
those, too! If A&S doesn't work out, I've offered to
have the class at my place here in the Loch, but I'd
prefer something more central if there's interest from
folks outside this part of the kingdom.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Sara