[Scriptoris] Dallas calligraphy conference

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 10:22:00 PDT 2005

Greetings Ansteorran scribes -
I hope some of you made the pilgramage to Steppes this last weekend to see the 'Expo' of
vendors in the scribal arts, during the modern calligraphy conference 'Legacies'.   They
generally have papermakers, bookbinders and the ever favorite scribal suppliers 'Paper and Ink'
as well as John Neal Books (both who will be in Steppes all week, even once the Expo closes).
(Thanks Clare and Felicia for posting, I meant to but forgot).

I'm vacationing this week and will be heading up to Legacies on Thursday/Friday to see the
exhibition galleries of the teachers and amature scribal works, as well as to check out the
vendors, so hopefully will see some of you there.  I believe the conference ends on Friday, so if
you want to see anything, will have to head up this week.

The Knowne World Heraldic and Scribal Symposium (KWHSS), north of Denver, was great this last
weekend - great classes and great hosts.   I grabbed lots of handout and will bring them at
Ansteorran Scribal in August.  Next year the KWHSS will be in New Orleans, close enough to drive
to - so I'm hoping to see lots of Ansteorran scribes there and teaching.

Cheers, Hillary Greenslade