[Scriptoris] Lord of the Rings demo - scribes needed

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 10:36:34 PDT 2005

Please be advised that while the SCA is doing a demo, we do not have complimentary tickets to the
exhibit (contract requirements).   However, we would still love to have folks help with the
exhibit, before and after they head off to 'see the show'.
Fighters, artisans, bards, dancers, and scribes are all wanted for the demo.

I saw the exhibit last night, and it's got lots of weapons, armor, garb, jewelry, and some
film technology wizardry from the movie. - very cool!   Took me about 2 hrs to go through,
but then I loiter when looking at the jewelry (- how'd they make that!!).  Next time I go through
I'll be taking a sketch pad to make some notes.

Oh, they also had one display case with the pages from the library that Gandalf when to  - lots of
dusty books and several hand calligraphed pages by the scribe from the film.  (Scribe was a hobby
calligrapher who knew the Tolkein hand, so he quit his computer job at a bank to do the movie work
for three years).

Cheers, Hillary