[Scriptoris] Award creations

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Mon Mar 28 14:58:17 PST 2005

Darius has it correct.

As Asterisk Herald (internal submissions), I can shed a bit more light on
the process.

We do indeed have a "fast track" process -- in kingdom only. Most
submissions spend two months (well, three) in-kingdom before being sent up
to Laurel. Basically what happens is this:

Month X: submission is received by Asterisk Herald by the 15th of the month.
Month X+1: submission is printed on Internal Letter of Intent.
Month X+2: commentary is received until the 20th of the month following.
Month X+3: decision is made by Asterisk Herald, and acceptances are passed
along to Bordure Herald (external submissions) for the outgoing Letter of
Intent.

In fast-track cases, the item skips directly to the outgoing LoI, thus
saving it a couple of months.  Fast-tracked items are checked as thoroughly
as possible by kingdom heraldic staff to make sure they're "good to go";
wouldn't be helpful to fast-track something that has a conflict, after all!
(Items other than Important Kingdom Stuff do get fast-tracked all the time,
by the way; usually quick fixes of stuff that was returned, appeals, really
really simple stuff, etc.)

In this specific case, the name and badge (if we are going to register a
badge, I assume so) have not yet crossed my desk.  I am sure Star will be
getting these items to me and/or Bordure very soon.  On an unrelated note,
the name for "Arc d'Or of Ansteorra" was fast-tracked on the March LoI.

-Emma de Fetherstan, Asterisk Herald