[Scriptoris] Need discription of the Sable Talon Badge

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Fri Oct 21 11:05:07 PDT 2005

Some clarification.

The image of the badge, to which regalia should be made, is this:
http://heraldicclipart.com/catalog/eagle%20leg%20erased.html

...any colored background (it's fieldless), with a black leg.

(The award itself carries an Award of Arms if the recipient doesn't already
have one, I believe. It is therefore an "AoA-level" award.)

The insignia could be painted, carved, embroidered, etched... There are as
many ways of making this thing as there are crafts!

The award name and official badge registration is still in the works.
Regardless, the award's insignia/regalia (whichever word you like) doesn't
necessarily have anything to do with it's badge. After all, the registered
bage of the Iris of Merit isn't the rainbow ribbon that is worn as the
award's regalia.

-Emma