[Scriptoris] a question about a charter

M TURNAGE ceinwen7777777 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 4 12:17:53 PST 2005

Zubeydah,

Although I did not design the Golden Lance you are referring to, nor have I
seen it; but the heraldic description does sound a lot like the Star of
Merit.

Here's a description of the award:
Order of the Golden Lance: given, in consultation with members of the order,
for exceptional skill, leadership, and honor on the equestrian field, for
service to the kingdom and its people, knowledge of the courtly graces, and
consistent respect for the laws and customs of the kingdom. Companions of
the order are entitled to place the initials CGL after their names, to be
addressed with the title "Lancer", and to wear a ribbon sable edged Or
charged with a lance Or on either the calf or above the elbow. They may
display on their tournament lances a pennon bearing the badge of the order:
(fieldless) on a mullet of five greater and five lesser points sable, a
lance Or.

In service,
Ceinwen~