[Scriptoris] seeking painted charters for a library...

zubeydah@northkeep.org zubeydah at northkeep.org
Mon Feb 7 09:56:50 PST 2005

Greetings, Oh Scribes of Ansteorra:

I am seeking high resolution scanned images of finished painted charters, to
place in an on-line library, hosted on my personal website. If you have
electronic versions of your best work, and are willing to share it with other
ansteorran scribes (credited, of course), please contact me off list.

My goal is a full on-line 'library' containing each of the following, for
**each and every charter ever used in Ansteorra**:

- Original, black and white, unpainted version
- Full color, fully finished version
- Source images for reference, or at the least, notations of each reference
work such that the scribe can find it at a public library.
- name of artist of painted version, group, and date the work was done.
- name of artists involved in creation of original charter, group, and date the
work was done.
- Description of correct color palette to be used for each charter, as well as
any special instructions for badges, etc.

The charters would be sorted by type, with as much information as humanly
possible available for each one. In an ideal and perfect world, I would *adore*
getting charters painted by the designers of the work, so that we see how they
most intended it to be done.

My goal with this project is to provide as much detail as possible on these
charters to Ansteorra's scribes. I know that when I've seen finished versions
of each charter, it has helped me to develop and better my 'eye' and
technique.

I'm hoping this library concept would help other beginning scribes, too, and
thus, I seek your help!

In service,

Zubeydah